Visual Narrative || Kinetic Type | Week Two

I wasn’t expecting that I would be following the storyboard a hundred percent, but I did think that the basic skeleton of the plan was going to stay the same. However, that proved to be wrong. In some cases, it did stay the same, but mostly the plan changed completely for several reasons:

  1. The type arrangement didn’t look as good in reality
  2. The text was too much to fit it all onto one screen
  3. The movement didn’t pan out as expected
  4. I realised there were many more effects that I didn’t consider because I couldn’t imagine animating them myself, but when I found the animation presets, it really opened the door for more experimentations, and the use of more dynamic effects, that really captured the movements that conveyed what was being said by the monologue.

For Example:

IMG_1720 2.jpg

For the “Hello Stonehenge”, I found the typographic composition didn’t really work with the animation I planned. So I divided them into two screens. For the “Hello”, I experimented with the presets until I found an effect that fit the sound:

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 2.41.08 PM.png    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 2.41.20 PM.png

For the “Stonehenge”, I found a preset that did what I wanted the word to do, drop in:

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 2.41.28 PM.png    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 2.41.34 PM.png

IMG_1720.jpg

For the next part, I changed the composition, because it was too short for the first part to appear in the middle, then move up. I used the same effect of “pulling”, but instead of pulling the whole sentence, I just pulled up the word. Also, I made each word appear as it’s being said so that the viewer doesn’t read ahead.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 2.59.58 PM.png   Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.00.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.00.18 PM.png  Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.04.47 PM.png

IMG_1720 3.jpg

For this part, I completely changed it, because I found an effect that worked perfectly for it, the flickering scroll:

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.12.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.12.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.12.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.12.35 PM.png

IMG_1721.jpg

Here the composition changed because I felt like it was too many words on one screen, so I made each word only appear when it was being said, the effects also changed due to experimentation, like how the “who” disappeared, and how the “HA” shot up:

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.27.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.27.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.27.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.27.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.27.39 PM.png

IMG_1721 2.jpg

Again the composition changed because I felt like it was too many words on one screen, so I made the last sentence appear on a different frame, I animated parts that were planned to just appear due to the new effects I found out about, like how the first sentence is typed out, and how whizzing appears:

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.38.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.38.35 PM.png

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s