In our last diverging stage of the project, we were asked to create forty more images that can be linked back to our keywords, meanings, definitions or paragraphs. Forty images seemed a lot at first. However as I started working, it wasn’t as hard as I thought. I wanted to explore how different my images would look if I remade them with different materials. So from all the images I had already created, I choose the ones that I was most interested in experimenting with, and made them in an opposite medium of what they already were. So for example, if they were digital illustrations, I made them by hand, or I recreated a photo digitally, and so on. I wanted to see how the syntactics effected the semantics of the signs.
I then went back to my mind maps, and expanded on a few, and then collected the new words, and the words I generated before but didn’t try making yet. After I collected all my ideas, I organized everything into groups according to what medium I was using to create them. Because I find that organizing and making a rough plan of what I will do helps me manage my time well. So that instead of going back and forth between the laptop, camera and materials, I finish taking all the photos against the white background, then finish all the images that were made with paper, and so on. So that no time is wasted and I can get into a rhythm that helps me work more efficiently.